Do you notice anything different about the announcement of the Pope in this photograph. These were taken 8 years apart. Our world is changing at a rapid pace…social media matters… and multi-media technology matters. Children today have smart boards in their classrooms at school; they have laptops, iphones, tablets and about a million other gadgets…… In order to reach out to youth and younger adults, some churches have gone out of their way to maintain relevance in this fast paced tech culture that we live in; we are proud to be one of those churches.
The Multi-Media Ministry recognizes the relevance of electronic media, and makes it an integral part of every worship opportunity by providing audio and visual duplications of the Gospel message to all that desire. Our goal is to reach beyond the physical walls of our church and affect the lives of others by spreading the knowledge of God’s love, and his desire for us to seek His will for our lives.
Our ministry is supported by a great group of volunteers dedicated to spreading God’s Word through technology.
We aim to:
- Encourage the education of God’s Word through media.
- Provide resources that will assist members to embrace a closer walk with Jesus, and evangelize the world. (Resources include sermon copies, bible study and choir rehearsals.)
- Make Christian core beliefs and values accessible all.
- Embrace a culture of learning and become a recognized center of excellence for Christian media.
- Stay abreast of the changes and advances in technology and keep our church current with the necessary media trends.
“My heart is steadfast O God, my heart is steadfast. I will sing and make music. I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth.” Psalm 57:7-11
Some of the areas that our church is involved in Multi-Media is:
- Power Point being used in worship
- Videos being used in worship
- Sound System Operations so all people participating in the worship service can be heard clearly
- Video Recording of the services for those who were unable to make it to the worship service.
- Presence on the web with our church website and our church facebook page.